How do I recruit staff in France? How do I find the right distributor for my SaaS platform? What costs are involved in conquering the French market? These are just a few questions entrepreneurs ask themselves when it comes to internationalizing their business to France. This workshop will give you strategic insight into the market and provide a step-by-step approach to help you successfully conquer France. This session is valuable for any entrepreneur, whether you are curious about expanding outside your home market for the first time or are already operating in France. Each workshop is followed by a 1-on-1 session with the coaches.
1. Increase your understanding of how to expand into new markets. This includes budgeting, how to structure your time and efforts, and identifying opportunities.
2. Learn how to critically analyze new markets that suit your business.
3. Starting, stopping or doubling your efforts in France.
After this session you will have:
1. A basic understanding of France and internationalization (in general). This includes tips, tricks and tactics for market exploration, evaluation and selection.
2. Acquired critical business acumen from an expert who knows the French market well and can share what works and what doesn't when it comes to building a business in France.
3. Understanding the various paths available for new market growth. This includes resellers, distributors, joint ventures, greenfield projects and more.
4. Understanding how to use the International Market Identifier. This internal tool is used to evaluate new markets based on your products or services, customers, sales processes and more.
After this workshop, you will have crucial knowledge and understanding of how to evaluate a new market for international growth. In addition, you'll get specific market insights into France from our coach, giving you unique insights into how your company can (or can't) crack France. This workshop is not only about international expansion, but also focuses on how to prepare your team, yourself and company internally for international growth. You need to be organized internally to maximize your chances of success abroad. This includes:
The power of patience - Why internationalization requires months rather than weeks or days of preparation.
Polled with others - Understand the need to engage advisors, shareholders and other key stakeholders for opinions, expertise and buy-in.
Budgeting - Time and cost required. Scaling abroad is not cheap.
Tools - Making your tech stack work across borders.
- Andrew Herweg, Internationalization Officer at imec.istart - Andrew has spent the past ten years as an advisor, manager and mentor to startups, non-profits, small and medium-sized enterprises and Fortune 500 companies in North and South America, Europe and Africa. Notable companies include Visa Europe (now Visa Inc.), KKR and Deloitte. For five years he worked in Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda for Brioche, 1000 Hills Distillery and Grameen Foundation's TaroWorks. He now works for imec.istart, one of the top startup accelerators worldwide, where he supports early-stage tech startups in entering international markets.
- Andrew will be joined by a market expert from France. This expert has a proven track record in advising or scaling businesses in France and will share his personal experiences, tips and advice with participants.
Our experts will give you tools and insights to expand internationally.
We will address specific needs and questions in more detail in an optional conversation on another day.